Students who are interested in international business have the opportunity to minor in the field. The program consists of 24 credit hours (6 courses) that could include courses in language, global studies, international marketing, economics, and of course international travel.
The core courses include:
- Language: Two semesters of one Modern Language
- GLBS 101 Intro to Global Studies and Intercultural Communication
Plus, complete 4 of the following 5 options:
- BUSI 457 International Business
- ECON 412 International Economics
- FIN 458 International Financial Management
- MKTG 489 International Marketing
- International Experience:
- Business-related faculty-led travel course of study abroad
- Internship abroad
- One full semester of study abroad
International business is a current high demand program of study in tune with the rapid globalization of all businesses. Students complete at least two semesters of a modern language, gain an understanding of global cultures and build a foundation in all areas of international business endeavors. Students are encouraged to participate in an international study experience and Alfred offers many choices.
Are you a current student and ready to declare your minor? Fill out the minor declaration form and consult with your advisor.