Students who are interested in finance have the opportunity to not only major but minor in the field. The program consists of 31 credit hours that include courses in accounting, economics, and of finance.
The core courses include:
- ACCT 211 - Financial Accounting**
- ACCT 212 - Managerial Accounting - (Prerequisite: ACCT 211)**
- ECON 201 - Principles of Microeconomics**
- ECON 202 - Principles of Macroeconomics**
- FIN 348 - Managerial Finance - (Prerequisite: ACCT 211/212, ECON 201/202)**
- FIN 310 - Introduction to Financial Planning
- FIN 458 - International Financial Management (Prerequisite: FIN 348)
- FIN 454 - Security Analysis (Prerequisite: FIN 348)
Plus six credit hours among the the following courses:
- FIN 205 - Student Managed Investment Fund*
- FIN 206 - Student Managed Investment Fund Lab*
- FIN 306 - Advanced Student Managed Investment Lab
- FIN 453 - Financial Markets & Institutions - (Prerequisite: ECON 331)
- FIN 455 - Business Financial Decisions - (Prerequisite: BUSI 261, FIN 348)
- FIN 460 - Seminar in Finance - (Prerequisite: FIN 454/455, Instructor permission)
*Courses are one (1) credit hour instead of the typical three (3) credit hour business course
**Courses are required as part of the 'Professional Core' for School of Business students. This reduces the minor credit load to 12 credit hours for COB students.
Students must complete at least half the course work at Alfred University and achieve a grade point average of at least 2.0 "C" in courses Submitted for completion of the minor.
A maximum of 30 credits in courses offered by the School of Business may be taken by non-business students.
Are you a current student and ready to declare your minor? Fill out the minor declaration form and consult with your advisor.
To view the form you will need to have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader, click
get Acrobat to download a free version of the software.