Students who are interested in family business management and entrepreneurship have the opportunity to minor in the field. The program consists of twenty-three to twenty-seven (24-26) credit hours that include courses in accounting, business, economics, law, and marketing.
The core courses include:
- ACCT 211 - Financial Accounting**
- BUSI 301 - Family Business Management
- BUSI 439 - Entrepreneurship in the 21st Century
- BUSI 485 - Internship (in a family business)*
- ECON 201 - Principles of Microeconomics**
- LAW 241 - Legal Environment of Business**
- MKTG 221 - Marketing Principles & Management (Prerequisite: Sophomore Standing)**
Plus three credit hours among the following courses:
- ACCT 371 - Personal Income Tax (Prerequisite: ACCT 211, Junior Standing)
- FIN/BUSI 310 - Introduction to Financial Planning
- BUSI 460 -Seminar in Business
- LAW 442 - Commercial Law (Prerequisite: LAW 241, Junior Standing)
*Internship can be two to four (2-4) credits
* *Courses are required as part of the 'Professional Core' for School of Business students. This reduces the minor credit load to 10-13 credit hours for COB students.
A maximum of 30 credits in courses offered by the School of Business may be taken by non-business students.
Students must complete at least half the course work at Alfred University and achieve a grade point average of at least 2.0 "C" in submitted courses for completion of the minor.
Are you a current student and ready to declare your minor? Fill out the appropriate minor declaration form and consult with your advisor.
To view the form you will need to have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader, click
get Acrobat to download a free version of the software.