Students interested in the management of an equine business or working in the equine industry will benefit from this collaborative minor between Equestrian Studies and the School of Business.
Required Courses (16 credits)
- ACCT 211 Financial Accounting
- BUSI 439 Entrepreneurship in the 21st Century
- EQUS 215 Equine Management
- MKTG 221 Marketing Principles and Management
- MKTG 482 Sales Management
Plus a minimum of six credit hours from among the following courses (6 credits)
- EQUS 200 Topics
- EQUS 205 Introduction to Equine Science
- EQUS 216 Horse Show Management
- EQUS 218 Judging Horse Shows
- EQUS 223 Hunter and Jumping Course Design
Please Note: Students completing the equine business management minor at Alfred must complete at least half of the course work at Alfred. A grade point average of at least “C” must be attained for courses submitted for completion of the minor.
Are you a current student and ready to declare your minor? Fill out the minor declaration form and consult with your advisor.