The business administration minor for non-School of Business students is designed to not only serve as a minor for non-School of Business students but also as Pre-MBA program for students who choose to pursue graduate study in the field of business. The minor is known as the "4+1" program, where students can obtain the Business Administration minor and then continue to the Alfred MBA program and be able to complete it in one year. The minor is an additional twenty-eight (28) credit hours for non-School of Business students. Totaling in nine courses in accounting, business, economics, finance, management, and marketing.
The core courses include:
- ACCT 211 - Financial Accounting
- ACCT 212 - Managerial Accounting - (Prerequisite: ACCT 211)
- BUSI 113* - Business Statistics
- ECON 201** - Principles of Microeconomics - (Prerequisite: Sophomore standing)
- ECON 202 - Principles of Macroeconomics
- FIN 348 - Managerial Finance - (Prerequisites: ACCT 211/212, ECON 201/202)
- MGMT 328 - Management & Organizational Behavior (Prerequisites: junior standing)
- MGMT 484 - Operations Management (Prerequisites: BUSI 113, ACCT 212, MGMT 328)
- MKTG 221 - Principles of Marketing
*MATH 241, ENGR 305, POLS/SOCI 230 or PSYC 220 may be substituted for BUSI 113
** ENGR 206 may be substituted for ECON 201
A maximum of 30 credits in courses offered by the School of Business may be taken by non-business students. Satisfaction of this minor fulfills all foundation requirements for the Alfred University MBA.
Students completing the minor are eligible to complete the 31 credit hour MBA at Alfred University.
Completion of the 4+1 undergraduate coursework does not automatically admit a student into the MBA program.
Are you a current student and ready to declare your minor? Fill out the minor declaration form and consult with your advisor.
To view the form you will need to have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader, click
get Acrobat to download a free version of the software.