The School of Business advances Alfred University's mission and goals in providing intellectual leadership through teaching, research and service. We provide active-learning driven educational programs in business management to interdisciplinary undergraduate and graduate students who value an intimate, interactive, student-centered learning environment. We develop our students into ethical business leaders who can think critically and communicate effectively in both domestic and global arenas. Our faculty conducts discipline based, applied and instructional research that bridge the gap between business theory and practice. In support of this mission our undergraduate learning goals are:
Leadership - Our graduates will understand the situational context of leadership. They will be able to initiate collaboration with team members in identifying and achieving common objectives.
Ethical Professional Behavior - Our graduates will understand the need for ethical practices in business.
International Business Environment - Our graduates will have an awareness and understanding of the legal, political, social, economic, and cultural environments facing international business.
Critical Thinking - Our graduates will be able to gather and analyze relevant information to identify problems and opportunities and to achieve creative and effective results.
Knowledge of Business Functions - Our graduates will understand and apply core business functions:
- Quantitative methods
- Global business/ second language
- Legal environment of business
Graduates of our MBA program will be able to:
- Demonstrate effective leadership and teamwork skills.
- Integrate their functional knowledge of business to make decisions in situations of uncertainty.
- Use a global perspective in business decision making.
- Will have the ability to recognize an ethically problematic situation and to use personal integrity and professional standards of conduct to choose an action that is right, fair, and just.